Accessibility Tools

Critical Transitions

Writing and the Question of Transfer

edited by Chris M. Anson and Jessie L. Moore

Paperback Price $42.95

Buy Now

Perspectives on Writing series

Copublished with the WAC Clearinghouse

In Critical Transitions: Writing and the Question of Transfer, Chris Anson and Jessie Moore offer an important new collection about prior learning and transfer theories that asks what writing knowledge should transfer, how we might recognize that transfer, and what the significance is—from a global perspective—of understanding knowledge transformation related to writing. The contributors examine strategies for supporting writers' transfer at key critical transitions, including transitions from high-school to college, from first-year writing to writing in the major and in the disciplines, between self-sponsored and academic writing, and between languages. The collection concludes with an epilogue offering next steps in studying and designing for writing transfer.

Contributors: Linda Adler-Kassner, Chris M. Anson, Stuart Blythe, Scott Chien-Hsiung Chiu, Irene Clark, Nicolette Mercer Clement, Stacey M. Cozart, Gita DasBender, Christiane Donahue, Dana Lynn Driscoll, Dana R. Ferris, Gwen Gorzelsky, Regina A. McManigell Grijalva, Carol Hayes, Hogan Hayes, Tine Wirenfeldt Jensen, Ed Jones, Ketevan Kupatadze, Jessie L. Moore, Joe Paszek, Donna Qualley, Liane Robertson, Paula Rosinski, Kara Taczak, Elizabeth Wardle, Carl Whithaus, Gitte Wichmann-Hansen, Kathleen Blake Yancey

This book is also available as an open access ebook through the WAC Clearinghouse.

Chris M. Anson is Distinguished University Professor and Director of the Campus Writing and Speaking Program at North Carolina State University. He has published nineteen books and more than 140 articles and book chapters relating to writing and has spoken widely across the U.S. and in 28 other countries.

Jessie L. Moore is Associate Director of the Center for Engaged Learning and Associate Professor of English: Professional Writing & Rhetoric at Elon University. Her recent research examines transfer of writing knowledge and practices, multi-institutional research and collaborative inquiry, writing residencies for faculty writers, the writing lives of university students, and high-impact pedagogies.

University Press of Colorado Logo

Details

• Paperback Price: $42.95
  • Paperback ISBN: 978-1-60732-647-2
  • Publication Month: January
  • Publication Year: 2017
  • Pages: 382
  • Discount Type: Short
  • Author: edited by Chris M. Anson and Jessie L. Moore
  • ECommerce Code: 978-1-60732-647-2

Related Titles

Browse Related Titles Tagged Under:

University Press of Colorado University of Alaska Press Utah State University Press University of Wyoming Press